October 23, 2013

Baby Dresser

A while back I was asked to change a desk into a changing table for Virginia and Chris who are due with thier first in November! I love that they did not find out the sex! We did not know for any of our three and it was so much more exciting. 
They asked if I could then piant Virginia's dad's childhood dresser for the baby. Of course I was delighted. It really is a very cool dresser that did not reveal all of its swell features until he/she was painted (we don't know the sex of the dresser and changing table yet either, wink, wink).  So they picked up the changing table and dropped off the dresser the same day. We decided the green of the changing table might be too much green so Virginia suggested a creamy white and I agreed. We added touches of green on the dresser so the two pieces although very different in style would look cohesive thorugh paint. 

I neglected to take a before picture, of course. I get so excited about painting furniture that I usually am painting away before I realize I should have documented the state it was in before the transformation. 

Dooh!

So I cn only show you the beautiful after.....
This piece has so many beautiful features that were totally lost when it was it's old orangey self.
Don't you love that little curved drawer!




We added green under the white and on the knobs to bring the two pieces together.


Here you can see more of the green under the white. I am still trying to learn photography!






Can't wait to meet this little person when he/she finally arrives!

Always being renewed,



Please see the link party page to see where I link arms with those blissfully beautiful bloggers that host every week. So gracious they are along with these other sweet ladies!
DIY Show Off
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/2013/04/01/that-diy-party-10/#xgMAcRCgRocl5vmh.99  Todays Creative Blog vif187 all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/1} Home Stories A2Z  
We Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday... southern hospitality

My Repurposed Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbialollipops

Three Mango Seeds
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Mod Vintage Life

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love old furniture given new life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the soft green color added to it! That dresser is wonderful for a baby's room.

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...